Monday, February 26, 2007

It's hot! We're grilling!

Tonight's Menu
  • garlicky grilled flank steak
  • grilled Brussels sprouts and onions
  • steamed basmati rice
  • big-ass salad
Dudes, it's in the 80s over here! Woo! Dear Ma Nature: THAT'S MORE LIKE IT.

So anyhoo, I decided to make our favorite flank steak on the grill, and it was awesome. If you don't have a mortar and pestle (which you should, I'm saying) you can chop the garlic and then muddle the whole lot in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon. Make sure you don't use a reactive metal because of the lemon juice; it will get yucky. This is SO easy and SO yummy and if you haven't made it yet then I don't know what the hell you're waiting for, seriously.

For the sprouts, I cut them in half and steamed them in the microwave, then made a foil packet with sliced onion, butter, salt and pepper. Grill them the same amount of time as the steak and they come out yummy. Next time I won't steam them quite as long first, though, as they were a tad mushy for my taste.

No comments: