Monday, November 17, 2008

My favorite soup

Tonight's Menu

  • loaded potato soup
  • freshly baked bread
It's been chilly in the mornings here the past couple of weeks (finally!) and that means I'm craving comfort food!

I love, love, LOVE this potato soup. It's the only potato soup I make. I use full-fat dairy in this but you could lighten it up and even use turkey bacon if you like. It wouldn't be as GOOD, but whatever floats your boat!

The bread was just a boule from the book.

Perfect fall supper, if you count potatoes as a vegetable. Which I do.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Saw this recipe for loaded potato soup on your blog and we frikkin' LOVED IT. My husband practically ate the whole thing and requested it again for this week. WOWSAH! Thanks Badger!

god that sounds so housewife-ish. who cares if he liked it? I LIKED IT.