Monday, November 06, 2006

Just can't get enough

Tonight's Menu
  • grilled hamburgers w/fixin's
  • baked beans
  • Tostitos multigrain tortilla chips
I know! Again with the grilling! And the beef*! I can't help myself!

I make my baked beans the way my mom always did. You start with canned Campbell's pork and beans. Partially drain them and dump them into a baking dish. Then chop up some bacon and onions, fry them up in a skillet, and add that to the beans. Then add equal parts brown sugar and ketchup, a little squirt of prepared yellow mustard, and bake them in the oven for an hour or so (I've cooked them on any temp from 300 to 400, depending on how quickly I need them done).

It ain't fancy, but it's goooooood.

*Yes, we eat a lot of beef and pork. DH and the girl are allergic to soy and some tree nuts and DH is also allergic to poultry. Our protein options are limited over here. If that bothers you, you might want to read a different blog.

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

I am not bothered by your limited protien options.