Sunday, November 19, 2006

This one's for you, Kristen

Tonight's Menu
  • skillet pork chops with mushroom gravy
  • steamed basmati rice
  • steamed broccoli
It's been brought to my attention that I've been neglecting the ol' blog lately. Which is totally true, and I have no excuse except that I don't like to admit publicly how often we eat frozen pizza and hotdogs and crappe like that. So here you go; this is what we had tonight. I made the pork chops the same way as usual except I used Cream of Mushroom Soup With Roasted Garlic. Fancy!

It's finally cool enough outside for this meal to make sense, too. And it makes the house smell SO GOOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I can tell everybody, this is my dinner. It may be quite simple; but, now that it is done. I know I don't mind -- I know I don't mind that you wrote in your blog, how wonderful life is with pork chops in the world.

I am so damn honored. Like you don't have enough things to do without indulging me with your dinner talk.

Did the kids eat it? Did you tell them that had they been REAL pioneer kids, they wouldn't have had the ease and convenience of delicious skillet suppers?

We had butter beans, sauteed spinach, and a crustless pumpkin flan/pie thing. It was balanced but sort of pitiful. Hubby was working late with coworker listening to some up-and-coming bands for a music festival here in town. His coworker happens to be gay. I called to see if he wanted me to tote some of our dinner to him and told him what we were having. He informed me that coworker's partner had brought dinner. A much better dinner. Foiled by the better wife. Who is a man.