Sunday, February 18, 2007

Yummy leftovers

Tonight's Menu
  • leftover roasted chicken thighs with garlic and potatoes
  • caramelized brussels sprouts
I had a hankering for the brussels sprouts I made on Thanksgiving, so I whipped some up to go along with leftovers from the other night. I used the same recipe as last time, but this time I steamed the sprouts in the microwave instead of on the stovetop, included the onions, and omitted the nuts. These are SO GOOD, y'all. Definitely my new favorite way to eat sprouts.

And believe it or not, my house smells AMAZING right now. When's the last time you were able to say that after cooking brussels sprouts?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE caramelized brussel sprouts!
And THANK YOU for not spelling it "carmelized". I had an argument with a chef about that once---he insisted upon said spelling in the menu. Idiot.

b

Grilled London Broil on mixed greens w/ side potatoes for us tonight. Dang---what's w/ the weather?! It's HOT already!