- Peeled a sweet yellow onion (Maya Sweet, I think it was) and cut it into wedges.
- Peeled a large Granny Smith apple and cut it into wedges.
- Peeled three smallish sweet potatoes and cut them into wedge-like chunks.
- Tossed all of the above into the crock pot and stirred in a bit of marsala and a couple of spoonfuls of frozen apple juice concentrate.
- Sprinkled a boneless pork loin roast with salt and pepper and then seared it off in a pan so it had a nice brown crust.
- Stuck the roast on top of the veg mixture and cooked the whole thing on low for 10 hours.
That's right. NO SEASONINGS! What the hell?! I think the fact that the garbage disposal chose to vomit into the sink when I was shoving the peels into it is what threw me off. (The trap was full. DH fixed it. Gross.)
So yeah, this was pretty damn bland. We made do with salt and pepper at the table, but there's still a lot of food leftover and I can't bring myself to waste it. So I'm left with trying to salvage this thing at the re-heat stage. Now I just have to decide if I want to go the sage-thyme route or the allspice-ginger route. Anyone have suggestions?