Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our favorite flank steak

Tonight's Menu

  • garlicky grilled flank steak
  • grilled asparagus
  • steamed broccoli
  • prepared dinner rolls
Tonight I made our favorite grilled flank steak, slightly less garlicky than usual at the girl child's request, and then she didn't eat it anyway. Go figure.

The asparagus, which only I will eat, so more for me, was awesome! I just washed and snapped some nice fresh spears, put a piece of heavy-duty foil on the grill (after cooking the meat, while it was resting) and poked a bunch of holes in it with a big grill spatula, then slapped on the asparagus. I drizzled it with a bit of EVOO and sprinkled on some salt and pepper, then grilled it for about 5-6 minutes, stirring once. This is officially my new favorite way to eat asparagus!

Broccoli was just steamed in the microwave. Dinner rolls were already prepared, just warmed up in the oven.

This was a super easy dinner, and really fast to prepare. The hardest part was washing/trimming the asparagus! I love this flank steak recipe, not only because it's delicious, but because you can do it at the very last minute with no marinating or anything.

No comments: