Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chicken

Tonight's Menu

  • chicken roasted in the usual manner
  • leftover garlicky green beans
  • leftover big-ass salad
I'm not sure what went wrong, but tonight's chicken was not quite as yummy as usual. The skin was not as crisp, and the flesh was not as flavorful. I suspect it was due to either (a) the chicken being larger than normal and me failing to adjust the cooking time/temperature accordingly, or (b) the chicken being HEB's so-called "natural" chicken instead of my FAR preferred Buddy's chicken. Or maybe both.

But you totally don't want to get me started on the whole HEB "natural" vs. Buddy's thing, so let us never speak of this again.

Except to say that Buddy's chicken is SO MUCH BETTER than HEB's crappy "natural" chicken, and I SO resent that they have stopped carrying the former in order to try to FORCE us to buy the latter, and I swear to God, I am SO shopping for chicken at Sun Harvest and/or Whole Foods from now on. Suck it, HEB!

1 comment:

Jaye Joseph said...

The chicken lesson is a hard one to learn, but it's true, Whole Foods has the superior chicken in this town. And I don't just say that because they pay me to, it's true!