Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's summer in Texas! Woo!

And even though we are having an extraordinarily wet one, I am GRILLING, BITCHES!

Tonight we had fajitas. I made them in the usual manner, grilling the veggies on a wire screen sort of deal that sits on top of the grill.

I drank loads of beer while we were out of town over the weekend and got totally sick of it, so tonight's dinner was washed down with SANGRIA! Here's how I made it:

2 cups red wine
1/2 cup cognac
1/2 cup orange liqueur (I used Patron Citronge; you could use Cointreau or whatever)
the juice from one orange
one orange, sliced
one lemon, sliced
one lime, sliced
ice
club soda

Combine the booze, juice and sliced fruits in a pitcher and chill. For each (Collins) glass, fill with ice, then fill halfway with wine mixture and top off with club soda. Stir and serve.

Sangria just screams "summer" to me for some reason. I make a mean white version as well, but my local supermarket doesn't have nectarines yet and they are VITAL.

No comments: