Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fishy some more

Tonight's Menu

  • trout fillets sauteed in EVOO and seasoned with salt and pepper
  • garlicky green beans
  • big-ass salad
Look! It's me! Posting again even though our dinner was kind of boring!

The green beans were good, though. I'm determined to duplicate the garlicky green beans at our favorite Italian restaurant, Andiamo. They are BEYOND delicious. I could eat a whole plate of them, seriously.

Tonight I parboiled fresh green beans for about 10 minutes, then minced a couple of garlic cloves, sauteed them in EVOO for a bit (being VERY careful not to burn the garlic, which would suck), then tossed in the beans and sauteed the whole lot until everything was infused with garlicky goodness. DH thought there was too much garlic; I thought there wasn't quite enough (or that I hadn't sufficiently infused the oil). But still, YUMMY. Hopefully the leftovers will be even better!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Try a little toasted sesame seeds on the garlicky green beans - yummy. Mmm, think I'm going to make those tonight!