Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day 13

DH was sick and I was feeling harried and planless, so the girl child decided it was Make Your Own Supper night. First, she surprised me by making mine: a peanut butter sandwich and some celery sticks topped with peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Yes, I ate it. Urp.

Girl Child
Made herself the same thing she made me. Because it looked SO DAMN YUMMY, I guess. Oy.

Boy Child
Had two three peanut butter sandwiches and a couple of raw cabbage leaves. Then the girl child offered to make him some of her celery surprise so he had that too. Or at least, he tried it. I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I read every day. I'm a wee bit nauseous thinking about chocolatey celery.
You are a saint.
When did your kids switch from agreeably eating babies to being a bit picky? Any idea on how NOT to have that happen without ritualized abuse?

Badger said...

With the boy it has been a very off and on thing. He changes what he will and won't eat on a daily basis. He has tried some stuff in the past that I never in a million years thought he would try, and turned his nose up at things that other kids seem to love. There's no telling with him!

The girl has ALWAYS been picky, even as an infant. She prefers carbs at the exclusion of everything else. Ugh.