Friday, August 25, 2006

Burger blunders

Tonight's Menu
  • hamburgers with all the fixin's
  • multigrain Tostitos chips
  • raw baby carrots for anyone who didn't put veggies on their burger
You wouldn't think a simple meal like hamburgers could go wrong, but this one sort of did. I preheated the grill while I shaped and seasoned the patties, but when I went to put them on, the grill was out. Yep, we had run out of propane. So I had to do them on the Foreman, which I kind of dislike intensely because it doesn't really GRILL the food, it just kind of fries it and drains off the fat. I dunno, they came out okay, but I was jonesing for GRILLED BURGERS and this just wasn't the same. Also, my dad's tomato plants are done for the season so I'm buying my tomatoes from the grocery store now, and they taste like nothing. Urgh.

In other news, both of the kids like hamburgers now, go figure! The girl had hers with cheese and that's all; the boy had his with onions and ketchup. They won't eat them in restaurants, but they like them at home. They're so weird!

No comments: