- whole-grain bread
- whole-wheat sub rolls
- sesame hamburger buns
- honey ham
- two kinds of turkey (oven roasted and mesquite)(this is all prepared lunchmeat, by the way -- I didn't COOK a turkey, much less two of them and a ham!)
- American cheese slices
- shredded cheddar (hey, it's what we had)
- cooked bacon (two slices per person)
- sliced tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves in lieu of salad greens
- sliced avocado
- condiments (mayo, two kinds of mustard, ketchup because DH insists, etc.)
The boy had a peanut butter sandwich on whole-grain bread and two slices of bacon. Oy. He was excused from needing a fruit/veg because he ate a whole can of pears (in juice, not syrup) before dinner.
The girl had a sesame bun with bacon and American cheese. And some raw baby carrots.
I have no idea what DH ate except that it was on a sesame bun and probably involved ham since he's allergic to turkey.
I usually do sandwich night when I don't feel like cooking. Although by the time you get everything out and slice the veggies and whatnot and then put it all away again, it's almost as much work as a full meal!