Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fishes

Tonight's Menu
  • rainbow trout fillets sauteed in EVOO
  • baked salmon fillets
  • quinoa
  • big-ass salad
Yeah, I made two different fishes. DH likes trout and I like both, and I wanted to make enough that the kids could try both or either (the boy tried both; the girl passed).

I made the trout the same way I always do -- sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, saute in EVOO for a couple of minutes per side (skin side first, then flip). The salmon was brushed with a bit of EVOO, sprinkled with Jane's Krazy salt and garlic pepper, and baked (skin side down) at 450 degrees F for about 12-13 minutes (you want about 10 minutes per inch of thickness at that temperature).

I washed mine down with some Vinho Verde. It was sunny and in the low 60s today for the first time in FOREVER, so it was a good day for something nice and light.

Of course, it's supposed to be rainy and cold again all week so I may be busting out the soups and stews again after this.

No comments: