Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yet more pork

Tonight's Menu
  • oven-barbecued pork spareribs
  • Ranch beans (from a can! I know!)
  • coleslaw (from scratch! really!)
  • sliced tomatoes
Okay, so here's what happened: I made the coleslaw yesterday, intending to serve it with the hamburgers we had for dinner, and then totally forgot I even made it and so failed to put it out. (Instead we had loaded burgers with pickles and blue corn tortilla chips. If you must know.)

And I KNOW I just made pork spareribs for New Year's Day but they had MORE at the store today and I love them so. This time I rubbed them with a mixture of brown sugar, dry mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, Jane's Krazy salt and freshly ground pepper, put them on a rack in a roasting pan, added a little water to the pan, covered it tightly with foil and cooked them at 225 degrees F for about 2.5 hours. Then I cranked the heat up to 400, uncovered the pan, slathered the ribs with barbecue sauce (from a bottle, because I'm lazy) and cooked them for another half hour. They were falling-apart tender and SO yummy.

I loves me some pork ribs, y'all.

No comments: