Thursday, January 04, 2007

Shrimp!

Tonight's Menu
  • cold boiled shrimp
  • packaged garlic-butter rice
  • big-ass salad
Okay, so we were finally getting sick of pork and sauerkraut. I had bought some shrimp a while back when they were on sale and stuck them in the freezer, so tonight I just thawed and boiled them (with Crab Boil)(er, and I didn't actually BOIL them, I just brought the water/seasonings to a boil and dunked the shrimp in until they curled, then took them right out so they wouldn't get overcooked), then put them on ice. The rice was from a mix (Uncle Ben's, maybe?) and of course we had our usual big-ass salad.

Boring, but easy. And most importantly: NOT pork or sauerkraut!

1 comment:

Keetha said...

I don't think shrimp is ever boring. This post made me lust for boiled shrimp. But I could eat shrimp every day so maybe it's just me.