Monday, January 22, 2007

Porky goodness

Tonight's Menu
  • spiced pork tenderloin
  • leftover quinoa
  • leftover big-ass salad
Hey, y'all! DH and I washed down tonight's dinner with a few Mexican Martinis so if this doesn't make sense, that's why!

ANYHOO!

I make this pork tenderloin all the time but I don't know if I've ever shared the recipe. It originally came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine, so a big thank you goes out to Nicole Pickett of Oro Valley, Arizona. Thanks, Nicole! This is way yummy and my family loves it!

What you do is take a pork tenderloin and whomp it in a pan. Then you take 2 Tbs. brown sugar, 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. paprika and 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and mix those all up. Spread half of it over the pork tenderloin, stick it in the oven at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, then spread the other half of the glaze mixture over and stick it back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until cooked to whateverthehell temperature you're supposed to cook pork. Let it rest and then slice it on up. The original recipe includes a pineapple salsa but I don't love it (canned pineapple? um, no) so I don't make that part of the recipe very often.

The tenderloin on its own, though, is FABULOUS.

Woo! I think maybe I've had tee many martoonis!

No comments: